A friendly and welcoming family site
Sitting next to a pretty leisure lake and within walking distance of the city centre, this is a very convenient base for visiting historic Belfort and exploring the famous Ballons regional park. The Territoire de Belfort département is a land of contrasts between the Vosges and Jura mountain ranges, so L’Etang des Forges has much to offer, with day trips also into Switzerland or the wine areas of Southern Alsace and Germany. Also recommended is a boat trip through the spectacular Doubs Gorge, just over an hour’s drive away on the Swiss border. An unusual inflatable swimming pool adds to the quirky charm of this delightfully-situated site.
- Set beside a small lake in natural surroundings on the outskirts of the historic town of Belfort
- Belfort centre one mile, Mulhouse 27 miles, Basel (Switzerland) 48 miles, Beaune 120 miles
- Modern facilities set in mainly open land
- High season – friendly and welcoming, can be busier at weekends
- Low season – usually quiet, may be busy at some weekends, public holidays and during local festivals
- Owned and run by Monsieur Fayolle, English spoken
- Maximum unit length 9m
- BBQs permitted
- Dogs welcome.
Dedicated accessible facilities
L'Etang des Forges
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.