A well-run site in a very popular area, with excellent pitches for its coastal location
The swimming pools and waterslides at Les Amiaux are superb, particularly the large indoor pool, and it’s only 15 minutes walk along a woodland path to the nearest sandy beach. The cycle paths are first-rate too throughout the Vendée – cycle into St. Jean-de-Monts or to the Grand-Plage.
- Set on the edge of a resort, by the main road, next to a forest, 800 yards from the nearest beach
- St. Jean-de-Monts centre two and a half miles, Ile de Noirmoutier nine miles, Nantes 47 miles, Puy du Fou 79 miles
- Modern facilities set in a very well-established camping area and located either side of main road with an underpass connection
- High season – a great family site, popular with many returning visitors, especially from the UK
- Low season – a peaceful, spacious site, excellent indoor pool, great for exploring the northern Vendée
- Owned and run by the Chevrier family, English spoken
- Maximum unit height on 160m2 large pitches 2.65m
- Maximum unit length 8m
- BBQs permitted (gas and electric only)
- Dogs welcome
Dedicated accessible facilities - please ask for further details
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Outdoor pools, indoor pool, waterslides, paddling pool, Jacuzzi
Modern wash blocks
Wi-Fi on some pitches (charge)
We had a lovely shaded pitch which was a God-send in the heat. Compared to other coastal pitches, it wasn't easy to get to the beach though the pools were great. The main road and even the back roads running behind the site can be rather noisy but that's unavoidable on this part of the coast. The showers were good and clean, just remember to take your own hand-soap and paper. If you want a classier holiday without loud animations late into the evening, find a campsite further from the coast. We really enjoyed the cycle trail South to the La Corniche Vendeenne just outside Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie and North to Noirmoutier. It's also lovely to go East across the marshes to Sallertaine where they had a free live street music festival and open galleries on the four Monday evenings in the middle of the school summer holidays.
- Location: Coastal
- Suitable For: Families
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.