La Tranche has literally miles of beaches to choose from
Abandon your car at this small family run campsite, within easy walking distance of the popular resort of La Tranche-Sur-Mer. The friendly owners take pride in their facilities, and low season campers and families with young children are particularly welcome. As well as the site pool there is also a water park within walking distance in the resort, L’Auniscéane, with indoor pools and waterslides and lots of opportunities for watersports. But it’ll be the fabulous sandy beaches along this coast that prove the main attraction time and time again.
- In the heart of the resort of La Tranche-sur-Mer, 800 yards from the nearest beach
- Les Sables d’Olonne 27 miles, Puy du Fou 62 miles
- Modern facilities set in well-established camping area
- High season – a great family site, especially for those with young children
- Low season – a peaceful low season base, particularly for motorhomers, with handy facilities nearby and La Tranche nice and quiet; this well-run site is perfect for beach holidays and watersports, with La Tranche boasting over eight miles of uninterrupted sandy beach.
- Owned and run by the Guieau family, English spoken
- 2014, 4.7-25.8 minimum stay 8 nights and maximum unit length 7m
- BBQs permitted
- Dogs not allowed
Dedicated accessible facilities - please ask for further details
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Pitches enclosed by trees and hedges; shaded and part-shaded
Tennis half courts
Gym (adults only)
Modern wash blocks
Hypermarket, snacks, take-away and wide range of restaurants nearby
Outdoor pool, small children's slide, whirlpool and paddling pool
Children's activities and entertainment
This site is ideal if you have a family with children under 8 years of age who like riding their bikes and are hyperactive, for all other humans it may be best to avoid, at least in the school holiday period. The details of the site highlight the positive aspects. However ....
The site has a large presence of Eurocamp statics and tents, children's clubs are run am and pm with an open air film show every evening.
Pitches are not numbered, you are shown to your allocated pitch on arrival. There is no one way road system like sites in UK, people park alongside the road (unlike the UK norm) making passing near impossible. Too many mature trees and tall hedges mean pitches have virtually no sun, they also impede taller vehicle traffic. I am glad I do not have a large motor home or caravan!
I will not be returning.
- Towing: Difficult
- Location: Town
- Suitable For: Families
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.