A small, immaculately kept site with a lovely, friendly atmosphere
La Cigale is close to the magnificent Atlantic beaches and within walking distance of Arès town centre. The friendly owners’ attention to detail is apparent throughout the site, not least in the abundant flowers and shrubs that are a feature of the site. There are excellent cycle and walking paths in the surrounding area and nature lovers will enjoy the bird sanctuary at La Teste as well as exploring Arcachon bay, famous for its oysters and oyster farming. While here, a climb to the top of the nearby Dune du Pilat, the highest sand dune in Europe, is a must.
- Situated 800 yards from Arès with the beaches of Arcachon bay just one and a half miles away
- Atlantic beaches 12 miles, Cap Ferret 15 miles, Arcachon 27 miles, Bordeaux 34 miles
- High season – Friendly cosy atmosphere, with a good mix of nationalities; rides in the donkey-drawn trap are very popular with the children
- Low season – quiet and peaceful, with some of France’s best beaches close by and a wealth of information on all the things to see and do in the region available from the site owners
- Owned and run by Dominique and Bernard Pallet
- 2014, 7.7-24.8 minimum stay 7 nights
- BBQs permitted
- Dogs welcome
Dedicated accessible facilities - please ask for further details
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Excellent small site which seemed to have a lot of annual returners. Pitches are a good size. We had our 5 man tent and gazebo and there was still room for the car alongside them. Poolside needs some updating and general upkeep as there were a number of loose bricks whlist walking around the poolside. Good bar and snacks area. Food is well priced but the drinks are a little expensive. The Point at the Cap Ferret is well worth a visit as well as the Dune's near Arachon. Andernos the next village on from Ares has a cosmopolitan fel and a much better choice of restaurants. Will be booking this site again in the future for sure!
- Location: Town,Country
- Suitable For: Families
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.