Internationally popular, well-equipped site in a mountain gorge riverside setting
A wide range of facilities in the most spectacular, but still easily reachable part of the gorge country, on the famous Route Napoléon and with an off-road path to pretty Castellane. A great site in low season for those wanting a peaceful base with many facilities open, but also at any time for active families, with early booking strongly advised for high season. The very best stretches of the truly jaw-dropping Grand Canyon du Verdon, as well as some of the prettiest countryside, lavender fields and towns in lovely Provence, is all within very easy reach.
- Castellane one mile, Grand Canyon du Verdon 11 miles, Grasse 39 miles, Cannes 50 miles, Sisteron 55 miles, Nice 69 miles
- Modern facilities set next to the Verdon river, around traditional Provençal buildings
- High season – lots to do in a real holiday village, busy with campers of all ages from all over Europe
- Low season – still lots to see and to do, quieter without the crowds; most facilities open all season
- Member of Castels chain
- Owned and run by the Magret family, English spoken
- 2014, 1.7-31.8 maximum unit length 7.5m
- BBQs permitted (gas and electric only)
- Dogs welcome.
Dedicated accessible facilities - please ask for further details
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Open shaded and part-shaded pitches; either with or without electricity (16A)
Stony river beach (no swimming)
Small fishing pond (under 14s only)
Older-style, well-kept wash blocks
Outdoor pools, paddling pool, waterslides
Bar, Restaurant, Pizzeria, Snacks and take-away
Extensive activities and entertainment
Washing machines and on-site laundry
having worked as couriers on this site for two years for haven europe we can vouch for the friendship and help when required from all members of the staff the site is on the riverside of the verdon with scenery to match anywhere in france. the verdon gorge is second only to the grand canyon in the u.s.a. with stunning views from both sides of the gorge white water rafting can be taken from casstelanne we are retired and in our 70s so we have seen how all age groups have enjoyed verdon
- Towing: Easy
- Location: Country,Lake
- Suitable For: Families,Older couples,Groups,Peaceful break,Younger couples
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.