In the heart of the D-Day Normandy landing beaches
Camping Point du Jour is very well located for Normandy beachside holidays, short breaks and stopovers before or after the Portsmouth-Caen ferry crossing. In a fascinating area – history and modern-day charm sit happily side by side. A one-mile walk will take you to the typical Normandy coastal village of Merville-Franceville where there is a choice of bars and restaurants.
- Set amongst the coastal villages that lie between the coast road and the beach, direct access to a sandy beach
- Merville-Franceville (shops and local services) one mile, Pegasus Bridge five miles, Ouistreham (Caen ferry port) nine miles, Caen 12 miles
- High season – popular family site, with plenty of room to spread out in the dunes and on the beach
- Low season – great coastal location for long or short stays; very convenient for Ouistreham port and many Battle of Normandy sites
- Owned and run by Guillaume Lemarchand
- Maximum unit length 7.5m
- BBQs permitted
- Dogs welcome
Dedicated accessible facilities
Point du Jour
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Compact, well-established and marked out, grassy pitches, some with tight access; open or part-shaded; all with electricity (10A); some close to beach access
Jacuzzi and spa
Snacks and take-away
Sea fishing adjacent.
Small basic shop
Modern wash block
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.