A great coastal location for long or short stays
Le Grand Large is a very well-run and well-established site in an outstanding location for great summer holidays with a fantastic covered pool recently added to its facilities. With direct access to the wonderful beach and its views over the Channel Islands, there are also many walking paths, a rugged coastline and historic towns, sites and battlegrounds of the Cotentin peninsula to explore. The site is also very handy for Cherbourg’s ferry port and the amazing ocean attraction, Cité de la Mer.
2014 Prices – Special Offer
12 Apr - 4 Jul, 24 Aug - 21 Sep
7 nights for the price of 6
14 nights for the price of 12
(Based on pitch and person prices)
- Set among the dunes, with plenty of room to play in and direct access to a vast sandy beach
- Les Pieux (shops and local services) two and a half miles, Carteret (Channel Islands foot passenger ferries) 14 miles, Cherbourg 16 miles, Valognes 23 miles, Ste.-Mère-Eglise 35 miles, Caen 87 miles, Ouistreham (Caen ferry port) 96 miles
- High season – peaceful, popular family site, with plenty of room to spread out in the dunes and on the beach
- Low season – great coastal location; very convenient for Cherbourg port, day trips to the Channel Islands and many Battle of Normandy sites
- Run by the Joret family, English spoken
- Maximum unit length 8m
- BBQs permitted Dogs welcome
Dedicated accessible facilities
Le Grand Large
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.