A great coastal location for long or short stays
Le Grand Large is a very well-run and well-established site in an outstanding location for great summer holidays, with a lovely covered pool enhancing its facilities. With direct access to the wonderful beach and its sunset views over the sea and the Channel Islands, there are also many walking paths, a rugged coastline and historic towns, sites and battlegrounds of the Cotentin peninsula to explore. The site is also very handy for Cherbourg’s ferry port and the amazing ocean attraction, Cité de la Mer.
- Set among the dunes, with plenty of room to play in and direct access to a vast sandy beach
- Les Pieux (shops and local services) two and a half miles, Dielette 3 miles and Carteret 14 miles (for Channel Islands foot passenger ferries), Cherbourg 16 miles, Valognes 23 miles, Ste.-Mère-Eglise 35 miles, Caen 87 miles, Ouistreham (Caen ferry port) 96 miles
- High season – peaceful, popular family site, with plenty of room to spread out in the dunes and on the beach
- Low season – great coastal location; very convenient for Cherbourg port, day trips to the Channel Islands and many Battle of Normandy sites
- Run by the Joret family, English spoken
- Maximum unit length 8m
- BBQs permitted
- Dogs welcome (one maximum)
Dedicated accessible facilities - please ask for further details
Le Grand Large
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Covered pool, outdoor pool and paddling pool
Activities and entertainment
Wi-Fi on pitches (charge).
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.