Countryside setting, with views from edge of site over the Loire valley below
A delightful site perched in a prime position above the Loire valley, with the 15 miles long ‘Loire à vélo’ cycle track just below. This lovely site provides a range of activities including wine-tasting, walks and canoeing. The rustic charm of the site fits well with the local region’s mushroom caves and châteaux, and with Saumur’s famous vineyards. It’s easy to see why this is a favourite site for many members.
- Saumur four miles, Angers 31 miles, Puy du Fou 70 miles
- High season – ideal for young families and couples alike, with plenty to do on site and lots to see in the surrounding area
- Low season – peaceful, relaxing site, very handy for Saumur in particular and Western Loire in general
- Run by David Teboul for a charitable association; sister site to Domaine de l’Etang (LRE01)
- BBQs permitted
- Dogs welome
Dedicated accessible facilities - please ask for further details
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Generously sized pitches; open and part-shaded; all with electricity (16A)
Small outdoor pool
Horse riding lessons
Modern wash blocks
Premium kit of a table, 6 chairs, umbrella, 2 loungers and bbq - available to rent at site reception, subject to demand, not bookable in advance (€15 per day, 2014 price).
-Excellent site with super views over the Loire, (ask for a river view when booking).
- Wide pitches (ours had a nice balance of shade from trees and sunshine).
- Covered pool, two table tennis tables and baule pitches to keep the children entertained.
- A unique crazy golf that winds it's way down and back up the hillside.
- Easy access to the Loire Velo for traffic free scenic cycling.
- Approx 15 minute drive into Saumur.
- 5 minute drive to the sparkling wine tasting street in St Hilaire - St Florent. We did the Langlois Chateau tour, very informative. Guide Isabella knew her stuff and was also funny and enjoyable to listen to.
- On site shop isn't really a shop, they just sell a few very basic provisions, but there is a large supermarket about 15 minutes drive away.
- On site cafe is ok for drinks but food is a bit limited and not of the best quality. Ok if you have just arrived and don't fancy cooking or venturing further afield.
- Showers were frequently cold.
- Towing: Easy
- Location: Town,Country
- Suitable For: Families,Older couples,Active break,Peaceful break,Younger couples
We enjoyed our stay at this campsite, it was friendly, and well-run. The reception staff were very helpful and spoke English well. The toilets and showers were excellent, clean, plenty of hot water especially the new family facilities.
It has a bar and a restaurant (this closed on a Tues night).
The covered pool is good and heated out of high season but the childens pool and the shallow main pool is not.
The only fault is there is a lack of shade ( one tree and 4 brollys).
Please note this campsite is about 6kms out of Saumur and up a steep hill.
- Location: Country
- Suitable For: Families,Older couples,Peaceful break
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.