Countryside setting with two small lakes, one for canoeing and with sandy beach, one for fishing
A picturesque setting in the Loire Valley with plenty to occupy young families on and off site. The site’s wide appeal also means it’s popular with retired couples. In low season there’s the benefit of heated indoor and outdoor pools, as well as the fitness room. An ideal base for exploring the countryside south of Paris and the eastern Loire and the Sologne, but perfect for just relaxing on site too. The extensive Loire valley 'Loire à vélo' cycle route is only about three miles away, via country roads and local cycle tracks.
- Gien four miles, Orléans 40 miles, Fontainebleau 55 miles, Paris 94 miles
- Modern facilities in the grounds of a former farm
- High season – a range of family activities and popular with active and younger families
- Low season – a tranquil site with lots to do in the local area, most facilities open, special couples price
- Owned and run by the Pigeon family, English spoken
- Great value site leisure card, ask for details
- 2015, 14.7-20.8 minimum stay 2 to 4 nights (dependent on pitch type)
- BBQs permitted
- 'Formule active' activity package, available on site, includes: canoeing on the site lake, boules, tennis, mini-golf, table tennis, one beginners' archery lesson per week (equipment provided for all these activities), plus fishing (with your own equipment), €35.00 per family per week in July and August.
Dedicated accessible facilities - please ask for further details
Les Bois du Bardelet
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Pitches separated by flowering shrubs; open, shaded and part-shaded
Wellness centre with spa and sauna
Evening restaurant, snacks and take-away (also lunchtime in high season)
Modern heated wash blocks
Wi-Fi on pitches (pay)
Camping area away from lakes; pitches with 10A electricity; or very large pitches 200m2 with 16A electricity, water and drainage, some also with individual wash rooms
Indoor water play area for young children
Cycle and child trailer hire
Activities and entertainment, including free children's club for different age groups
Please note that some facilities may not be available for the full opening period of the campsite
Access to the site from the main road was difficult, as the instructions said there was a sign to it, on the central reservation of the dual carriageway, but unfortunately this was missing.
Toilet block always clean however, there were only 2 plate washing sinks - this didn't affect us but if the site was busy it might have caused congestion. There was another block, but a distance away.
Very helpful reception staff - booked us a taxi and spoke to the driver to arrange meeting point for our return journey - also booked this for us.
Just one minor comment - there was no dedicated Motorhome service point - the drainage gully was in the middle of the road at a mini roundabout, which was a bit odd - holding up traffic!
Lovely planting through the site, making very pleasant walkways through.
- Location: Country
- Suitable For: Families,Older couples,Groups,Active break,Peaceful break,Younger couples
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.