A classic château setting
With awards for ecology, the name of the game at Poinsouze is space, quality and welcome – vast grounds, high-quality facilities in beautifully restored château outbuildings, open green spaces, attentive owners and very large pitches. The area is an unspoilt rural idyll, with many châteaux, forests and rivers to enjoy, ideal for anglers, walkers and cyclists, plus many quiet country lanes and footpaths.
- Wooded countryside setting on one side of the tree-lined main drive, with a fishing/boating lake on site
- Boussac one-and-a-half miles, Montluçon 21 miles, Châteauroux, 45 miles, Bourges 59 miles
- High season – relaxing countryside surroundings, lots of space, activities for children
- Low season – a tranquil site, ideal for fishing enthusiasts and nature lovers; most facilities open
- Owned and run by the De Houdetot family, English spoken
- 2014, 12.7-15.8 minimum stay 4 nights
- Units over 6.5m must book the larger pitches
- BBQs permitted
- Dogs welcome in low season only
Dedicated accessible facilities
Château de Poinsouze
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Very large pitches, some on a slight slope; open and part-shaded; all-service with 6A or 10A electricity; or all-service with 10A or 16A and sewer connection
Paddling pool with water splash play area
Boating, canoeing, windsurfing
Well maintained modern wash block
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.