A classic small family-run site
A very friendly site, in a spectacular alpine location. Bourg d’Oisans is a thriving village on the main route to Briançon and Italy. This is a favourite haunt for the Tour de France and an ideal base for exploring this outstanding region, with the Venosc and Ecrins National Parks close by. Rafting, canoeing, mountain biking, walking trips; visits to an alpine botanical garden, a hydro-electric station, a mountain railway and a mountain museum are all locally possible.
- On the edge of the village, at the foot of Alpe-d’Huez (18 times stage for Tour de France)
- Bourg d’Oisans half a mile, Alpe-d’Huez ten miles, les Deux-Alpes 14 miles, Venosc 21 miles, Grenoble 32 miles, Chambéry 37 miles, Briançon 42 miles, Lyon 66 miles
- Alpine style facilities; superbly located within walking distance of all the village facilities
- High season – small site that retains its relaxed and friendly feel even when full
- Low season – popular all year round, but never feels overrun; Spring is a great time for seeing the mountains
- Owned and run by the Bouquet family, English spoken
- Founder member of Sites et Paysages chain
- 2015, 20.6-7.8 minimum stay 5 nights (please note - special restrictions apply when the Tour de France passes the site; 18.7-5.8 minimum stay 15 nights) and maximum unit length 7.5m
- BBQs permitted
- Dogs welcome
Dedicated accessible facilities - please ask for further details
A La Rencontre du Soleil
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Shaded and part-shaded pitches; all with electricity (10A)
Bar, restaurant, pizzeria, take-away
Older style well maintained wash blocks
Horse riding nearby
Wi-Fi on pitches (free)
Walking routes direct from the site
Shops and supermarket 1 mile
Please note that some facilities may not be available for the full opening period of the campsite
Wonderful experience. Superb must visit on- site restaurant puts English restaurants to shame. Location and area idyllic and amazing. Safe environment for children to play and mix. Overall, utterly splendid and not just for cyclists.
- Towing: Easy
- Location: Secluded
- Suitable For: Families,Active break
All the facilities were open when we stayed during the middle two weeks of June (not always the case in France). Pitches are a good size and well defined with hedges. There are ample showers and sanitary facilities and an excellent heated pool with a movable roof. The on-site restaurant was open every day except Tuesday and was easily the best we have experienced in many years of camping. The site is about 5 minutes drive from Bourg d'Oisins where there is a varied range of restaurants and shops, including a good sized Casino supermarket. The principal leisure activity in the area is cycling and plenty of guides are available from the Tourist Information Centre in Bourg. Walkers will find numerous well marked paths both in the valley by the river or in the mountains. IGN 'Top 25' are excellent 1:25000 scale maps and can be obtained at home. 3335ET and 3336ET cover the local area but others are available in the outdoor activities shops in Bourg.
- Location: Country
- Suitable For: Older couples,Active break,Younger couples
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.