Perfectly situated for visiting lovely Sarlat and all the western Dordogne
Great for... discovering all that is best in this fascinating region, from the world-famous prehistoric sites, such as Lascaux II, where you can see a recreation of the underground caves and their prehistoric drawings, to the cliff side dwellings, some having been occupied until fairly recently. The region is famous too for its wines and local specialties, such as foie gras and confit de canard. As a bonus this high quality site is located in a beautiful riverside location close to the clifftop château of Montfort. An excellent site, with friendly owners, in a lovely location for rallying and exploring.
Rally Stewards at Soleil Plage will be Wally Garner and Joyce Bowtle | Pitches located together near the main facilities, all with electricity | Typical activities (subject to demand) may include games evenings, quiz nights, wine and cheese nights, boules, meals on site, barbecues, walks, excursions to some of the many famous prehistoric sites; boat trips down the river Dordogne, passing by classic picture postcard villages, such as La Roque Gageac and Beynac, and a popular train ride excursion. In addition, Wally looks forward to celebrating a very significant birthday – proving again how rallying makes you years younger!
- Riverside setting in the Dordogne valley
- Montfort two miles, Sarlat-la-Canéda four miles, Marqueyssac hanging gardens five miles, Domme five miles, La Roque-Gageac five miles, Beynac-et-Cazenac eight miles, Saint-Cyprien 13 miles, Souillac (A20) 17 miles
- Modern facilities, set among mature trees, within a meander of the Dordogne, close to the château of Montfort
- Low season - excellent low season facilities, including heated washblock; most facilities open nearly all season
- Owned and run by Anne and Gildas Le Goas, English spoken
- BBQs allowed
- Dogs welcome
Dedicated accessible facilities - please ask for further details
Soleil Plage Rally
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Covered and outdoor pools, waterslide, paddling pool and Jacuzzi
Activities and entertainment
Site even found and booked a local dentist that day for me when I lost a tooth! Couldn't have been more helpful.
- Towing: Moderate
- Location: Country
- Suitable For: Families,Older couples,Peaceful break
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.