Relaxed and tranquil, ideal for history and nature lovers
The friendliness and traditional family camping style of this peaceful site are what draw members back. Just 300 yards from the river Vézère with its fishing, canoeing and river beach, close by are also many of the unique prehistoric dwellings, paintings and sculptures for which the Dordogne is world renowned. The troglodyte dwellings just three miles away at La Roque-St.-Christophe are fascinating, with plenty more prehistoric and natural wonders to explore in the area.
- Woodland setting above the Vézère valley, near some of the finest prehistoric caves and troglodyte villages
- La Roque-St.-Christophe cave dwellings three miles, Les Eyzies-de-Tayac four miles, Montignac (Lascaux cave paintings) 13 miles, Sarlat 15 miles, Marqueyssac gardens 20 miles
- Modern facilities set in woodland on a small hillside, 300 yards from the River Vézère
- High season – relaxed and tranquil; ideal for history, nature, food and wine enthusiasts, cyclists and canoeists alike
- Low season – quiet and welcoming, most facilities open, ideal for the Dordogne without the crowds
- Run by Alexandrine and Gilles Moreaux
- 2014, 26.7-16.8 maximum unit length 8m
- BBQs permitted
- Dogs welcome
Dedicated accessible facilities
Le Vézère Périgord
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Terraced pitches, some with a slight slope; part-shaded and shaded; electricity (10A)
Bar/restaurant (daily set menu)
Snacks and take-away
New heated covered pool in 2013, outdoor pool, waterslides, paddling pool
Weekly wine tasting and boar roasts in high season
Well-maintained modern wash blocks in traditional-style buildings
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.