Plenty of room in peaceful country surroundings, great for active families
This classic Castels site, built on an old farmstead hamlet of great character and charm, offers modern facilities in an idyllic setting with open views. Busy, yet relaxed, the site has something for all nature-lovers – young children love the pet farm, while the active enjoy the group walks and cycling excursions. whilst the pool provides a great area to relax in. Children are especially well catered for on site with organised games, shows and indoor discos in high season. In low season this is a lovely haven and a convenient base for exploring the best parts of the Dordogne and Lot valleys, both within easy reach.
- Hillside and hilltop woodland setting
- Dordogne river five miles, Souillac five miles, Sarlat 17 miles, Rocamadour 15 miles, A20 motorway six miles
- Modern facilities set in the restored buildings of a former medieval hilltop hamlet of three farms
- High season – plenty of room in peaceful country surroundings, great for active families
- Low season – popular with campers from all over Europe; good services, most operating all season
- Owned and run by the Bonneval family, English spoken
- Member of Castels chain
- 2014, 12.7-22.8 maximum unit length 7m
- BBQs permitted
- Dogs welcome.
Dedicated accessible facilities
La Paille Basse
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.