With the focus firmly on young families in high season
This gem of a campsite in the heart of the historic Dordogne is also great for couples in low season. The friendly owners Patrick, Natalie and family offer a very warm welcome to guests and invite them to enjoy their lovely site with its swimming pool, cosy bar and fantastic terrace where you can enjoy views over the Dordogne valley. During the high season barbecue evenings are organised along with a weekly campfire evening. Canoe trips and pony rides can also be arranged, whilst cycle rides and walks from the site offer lots of chances to explore the area.
- Peaceful countryside setting in the Dordogne valley
- Sarlat-la-Canéda four miles, Castlenaud 13 miles, Beynac-et-Cazenac 13 miles, Marqueyssac hanging gardens 13 miles, Montignac (Lascaux cave paintings) 13 miles, La Roque-Gageac 14 miles, Bergerac 50 miles
- Modern facilities set in the grounds of a former farm and vineyard.
- High season – ideal for families with young children with a friendly, cosy atmosphere
- Low season – a relaxed and tranquil site ideally located to see the best of the Dordogne
- Owned and run by Patrick and Natalie McAlpine
- Maximum unit length 8.5m
- BBQs permitted (gas and charcoal only)
- Dogs welcome
Dedicated accessible facilities
Domaine des Mathevies
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Pitches, 100-150m2, open and some partly shaded, all with electricity (10A)
Café and bar
Daily bread and pastry delivery
Snacks and take-away
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.