In a peaceful rural setting by a small river, on the edge of a small town.
A friendly welcome from a family of British owners, on an intimate site on the edge of a market town, and in picturesque Deux-Sèvres countryside with lovely walks. With its popular restaurant including the site’s own year-round home-made Chinese take-away meals, and the nearby shops in Chef-Boutonne, you will be well looked after at any time of the year. Make sure you find time to visit the Château de Javarzay in Chef-Boutonne, and remember that Niort, lovely La Rochelle, the brandy cellars of Cognac, plus Poitiers and Futuroscope all offer rewarding visits.Winter En Route Site
Conveniently located on the edge of a small town with local services, 14 miles from the N10 dual carriageway. Facilities available during the winter season include modern wash block with single, heated suite, Restaurant Thursday to Saturday nights and Sunday lunch (closed mid December to 1 February), Home made Chinese take-away meals when restaurant closed.
- Chef-Boutonne centre one mile, N10 dual carriageway 14 miles, Niort 30 miles, Cognac 36 miles, Angoulême 40 miles, Poitiers 46 miles, Futuroscope 55 miles, La Rochelle 65 miles.
- All season – relaxed, tranquil and very friendly; restaurant open Tue-Sat evenings (Thu-Sat in low season) and Sun lunch; heated washroom suite in winter; all local services in Chef-Boutonne
- Family site owned and run by British family Vera and Geoff Braley and Sara and Stu Cook
- 1.7-31.8 maximum unit length 7m
- BBQs permitted (not electric)
- Dogs welcome
Dedicated accessible facilities - please ask for further details
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Open and part-shaded pitches; all with electricity (10A)
Bar/restaurant and terrace
Bread delivery (high season)
Modern wash block; heated winter suite
Fishing at château lake 700m
The site is within easy distance of Chef Boutonne a very nice French town with its own superb chateau and grounds with lake. It is a family run site with superb bar and restaurant which does a lovely roast Sunday lunch with all the trimmings. Good size swimming pool and lots of areas to walk and discover. Ideal for dogs. During our stay on the Friday night there was a quiz night with a choice of moules and chips or chicken and chips. We were introduced to other English people who have a permanant base on the site and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Will certainly re-visit when in that area.
- Towing: Easy
- Location: Town,Country,Secluded
- Suitable For: Families,Older couples,Peaceful break,Younger couples
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.