Rural setting near the Basque town of Urrugne, at the foot of the Pyrenees and near the ocean
This very friendly site amid spacious grounds and oak woods in the heart of the Basque country provides a great spot for enjoying all the amenities of a quality campsite whilst only being a short drive from the beaches of the Basque country resorts. The site organises walks into the nearby forests and mountains, and for fantastic views of the Pyrenees and the coast, why not take the rack railway from Ascain to the top of La Rhune mountain (605m), or drive up to the Col d'Ibardin (317m high) tourist village above the site?
- Atlantic beaches four miles, Urrugne two miles, St. Jean-de-Luz five miles, Hendaye seven miles, Irun (Spain) eight miles, Biarritz 16 miles, Bordeaux 135 miles
- Modern facilities set amongst oak trees and around the stone buildings with pretty terracota tile roofs
- High season – popular with families with activities organised on site
- Low season – quiet and peaceful, a great site from which to discover the Basque country
- Owned and run by Michel Zugarramurdi
- 2015, maximum unit length 8.5m
- BBQs permitted (not electric)
- Dogs welcome
Dedicated accessible facilities - please ask for further details
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Pitches; a few open, most shaded and part-shaded, some slightly sloping; all with electricity (6A or 10A)
Activities and entertainment
Difficult to assess the site properly as we arrived in low season. The shop only opened occasionally and only one sanitary block open and needed a good spring clean. The gents side of the wash block was closed whilst we were there and used as storage area, without any notification! The wash up area had no lights operating. You will definitely need chocks if driving a motorhome as most pitches are not level.
Receptionists all very helpful and English spoken.
The site is mostly wooded and is very pretty as is the surrounding countryside.
- Location: Country
- Suitable For: Families,Older couples,Groups,Active break,Peaceful break,Younger couples
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.