Located in a region of outstanding natural beauty, known for its many extinct volcanoes
Le Clos Auroy is great for couples, younger families and those seeking tranquil camping in a region of outstanding natural beauty. The owners are eager to share their vast fund of local knowledge, with lots of information on walks and touring in the Auvergne. Some of the most unspoilt parts of France are a short drive away, with lakes, volcanoes, mountain rivers and beautiful villages to discover. Be sure to include a visit to Vulcania, an excellent visitor centre all about volcanoes.
Winter En Route Site
Convenient en route site being two miles from A75 toll-free motorway and nine miles south of Clermont-Ferrand. On the edge of a quiet village with shop 300m.
31 Oct – 31 Mar: Maximum unit length 10m. Units up to 7m long on pitches, subject to ground conditions • Units 7m-10m long, and all other units when ground is soft, on hardstanding areas of the campsite. OTHER PERIODS: maximum unit length 5.8m .
- Countryside setting, just outside the Auvergne Volcanoes Regional Park, two miles from the toll-free A75 motorway
- Clermont-Ferrand nine miles, Puy de Dôme 18 miles, Vulcania (via Clermont-Ferrand) 19 miles
- Modern facilities set on the edge of a quiet, picturesque village
- High season - still a relaxed base for visiting a much-loved and spectacular area
- Low season - quiet and calm, with the advantages of the village facilities to hand, the city only nine miles away and fewer crowds at the many tourist attractions
- Owned and run by Monsieur and Madame van Petten, English spoken
- 31.10.15-31.3.16 maximum unit length 7m on pitches, 10m on hardstanding areas of the campsite
- Other periods maximum unit length 5.8m (longer on request)
- BBQs permitted off the ground
- Dogs welcome
Dedicated accessible facilities - please ask us for further details
Le Clos Auroy
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Large, open and part-shaded pitches; all with electricity (10A)
Bar, Snacks and take-away, Bread delivery
Small play area
Modern wash blocks
On the edge of a small village within 2 miles of A75 just south of Clermont Ferrand. Just stayed 1 night but appeared to have good, clean facilities but with a cafe/takeaway rather than a restaurant. Good swimming complex for camp size which included a lazy river. Pitches were a good size and separated by very high hedges which made them appear smaller than they actually were.
- Location: Town
- Suitable For: Families,Older couples
only 4* for facilities as, unlike some other French sites le Clos Auroy doesn't have a full-blown restaurant, just a high season snack bar. In addition eating out in Orcet village is a bit limited. We've not tried the new restaurant up the road from the site & it's not cheap. Mind you there's always the option of getting a pizza from one of two local pizzeria vans, the furthest away (Mondial Pizza) being the best in our view. Handy shopping in village & massive Intermarche not far away in Le Cendre. We've been to Le Clos Auroy umpteen times spring/early summer, autumn & even over Xmas/New Year & can't get enough of the place & its surroundings.
Great area for walking, site open all year again & incredibly handy for A75 N-S autoroute. Within a day's drive from western Channel ports after an overnight crossing but may be a bit of a struggle from Calais/Dunkirk.
- Towing: Easy
- Location: Town,Country
- Suitable For: Families,Older couples,Active break
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.