Lakeside setting in pine forest
A very well-organised site with superb award-winning adventure playgrounds. Located in parkland, with many marked-out walks and cycle paths accessible from the site, De Lilse Bergen is a great holiday base both for exploring some beautiful Belgian cities – particularly Antwerp and Leuven – and for keeping the most active of children amused for days.
that the site will be closed for bookings through the Club for the weekends of 19/20/21 June and 18/19/20 September as there will be large dance festivals taking place at the site on both of these weekends.
- A few minutes drive from the Antwerp-Eindhoven motorway
- Turnhout seven miles, Bobbejaanland amusement park seven miles, Antwerp 24 miles, Efteling fairytale theme park (The Netherlands) 33 miles, Eindhoven (The Netherlands) 33 miles, Leuven 60 miles, Liège 76 miles, Zeebrugge 84 miles
- High season – very busy, mainly with Dutch and Belgian families
- Low season – quieter, with lots of space (but peak periods occur during weekends and Bank Holidays; school groups may use adventure park for days out) – there is a rock festival held every year on the last weekend in June and September
- Managed by Mr Van Bael, English spoken
- 1.7-31.8 maximum unit length 8m
- BBQs permitted
- Dogs welcome
Dedicated accessible facilities - please ask for further details
De Lilse Bergen
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Pitches, between the forest and the lake; shaded and part-shaded; all with electricity; a few one-night stop motorhome pitches by reception
Snacks and take-away
Extensive adventure playgrounds and water-play area
Activities and entertainment
Pitches good size but as they are under trees most grass worn away and soil very loose and sandy. You park at end of row not on the pitch. During stay had lots of rain. So some areas flood but water drains away fairly quickly afterwards. Lake has adventure playground for younger children and various things to do. You have to pay extra for these. Check details on their website. As had older grandchildren with us had to find things away from site to do. If you love cycling, walking great area. Small shop on site. However plenty of shops in nearby towns. There is a room with computers you can use. WIFI is free but signal very variable. You have to pay deposit for barrier card which you then top up for showers, laundry etc. Again check website for costs. You have to recycle waste and purchase orange bags for things you cannot. Found skating rink in Turnhout very reasonable and car park at rear of building. Also indoor go karting at Mol. Small themepark nearby at Antwerp.
- Towing: Easy
- Location: Country,Lake
- Suitable For: Families,Older couples
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.